Skip to main content

Anker USB C Charger, 18W PIQ 3.0 Fast Charger Adapter, PowerPort III Nano USB C Wall Charger

The Anker new 18W USB-C charger comes in traditional Anker blue and white packaging:

Inside there is the charger and documents including manual and the "Happy Card".


Comparing to my iPad Air charger and also my iPhone charger, it is clearly a winner, the iPad charger is 12W and iPhone is merely 5w, but similar sized Anker one is 18w.
 Plugged into the UK socket, it leaves a very small footprint and doesn't affect anything else, comparing to my MacBook Pro's charger the Anker one is like a baby :)

Then I tested charging various devices:
  • Anker PowerCore Essential 20000 PD:



  • Xiaomi Mi 8:

  • Nintendo Switch:

  • and my trusted iPhone 7 Plus (no fast charging but good to see backward compatibility):

Conclusion:

The new Anker 18W USB-C charger is clearly the winner, it is the first charger build into a UK plug shaped body, very compact in size, thanks to the GaN technology it provides a whooping 18W charging for the size. It provides what you would expect from a 18W charger's speed, very fast! This will definitely in my bag when I go travelling after the lockdown lifted and also business trips.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anker PowerLine III Lightning Cable review

Anker PowerLine III Lightning Cable is the latest cable from Anker, it charges my iPhone X and super strong and easy to clean.  It is super simple to use, just like the stock cable plug and play, you can plug on a wall socket, computer or a powerbank.  This new version of the cable is super strong and can take 25k bends and it has a textured skin which means it will get more grip when you plugin and out. the material is a new one with super easy clean property i tried with a normal wet wipe some dirt is gone from the cable.

Anker PowerCore 10000 review

It is powerful and very high capacity of 1000 mah, yet in a very small size, it only just takes the space of a credit card. My other 10000mah is much larger than this one almost twice as large but this can charge my iPhone 7 plus a few times. I use this in many occasions: when I am out and about for some shopping; when I am playing Pokemon go especially when there is a Tyranitar raid you wouldn't want the phone run out of battery! Sometimes I use it even at home, because I can go around the house while still use my phone without putting it at the charging point. I would recommend this product, reasonably priced and good customer service.